Information on COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has effected most every facet of our daily lives, unfortunately rental cottages are no exception. Here is what we are doing and how we have altered our operations to keep you and our staff healthy and safe.
We have updated our Rental Agreement restricting guests from the cottage that answer yes to any of the following questions within 14 days of the rental period:
- Do you or any of your guests have at least two of the following symptoms: fever above 38°C or signs of fever (feeling hot or chills), a new or worsening chronic cough, a sore throat, a runny nose, a headache, new onset fatigue, new onset muscle pain, diarrhea, loss of taste or loss of smell?
- Have you or any of your guests traveled outside of Canada in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you or any of your guests had close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case?
- Have you or any of your guests had close contact with a person being tested for COVID-19?
We check in with our guests the day before the rental to confirm there are not concerns regarding this requirement.
Amended Cancellation Policy
We have amended our cancellation policy in the Rental Agreement to include the following COVID-19 Extenuating Circumstance Policy:
If government restrictions due to COVID-19 preclude the booking from proceeding, the cancellation fee will be waived and the Vacationer will be issued a credit in the amount of 50% of the reservation total (equal to the deposit paid at the time of booking), valid for use within 24 months from the start of the rental period. If payment has been made in full at the time restrictions are imposed, 50% of the total amount paid will be refunded if requested by the guest. Please note that credit card fees are non-refundable as these are not refunded by Stripe when payments are refunded to our guests. Valid government restrictions include, but are not necessarily limited to, border or transportation restrictions precluding travel to the cottage by all guests on the booking form or the prohibition of short-term rentals by the Municipality of the North Bruce Peninsula, the Province of Ontario, or the Government of Canada.
Prior to completing our normal cleaning routine between bookings we complete a full sanitation of the cottage. We use the same cleaning products used in retirement homes endorsed by Health Canada (Fight Back / Q11 / Germasolve). The sanitation process includes disinfecting the following:
1. Light switches
2. Door handles
3. Bathrooms: walls, floors, counters, toilets, mirrors and door frames
4. Staircase and hand rails
5. All furnishings (hard surfaces wiped, soft surfaces sprayed)
6. Window sills
7. Kitchen: all surfaces, floors, furnishings and appliances
The sanitation process occurs after every booking regardless of whether the prior guest paid for cleaning or not.
Bedroom Linens, Pillows and Towels
Comforters and pillows are supplied. Sheets and towels are not supplied.
We ask that guests wash the mattress protector in the on-site washing machine with supplied detergent at the end of their stay.
Time between Rentals
We continue to book all our cottages back to back, so a group may have checked out the day you are checking in. All our cottages are self-check in, so you are welcome to leave the cottage vacant for a day at the start of your booking if you wish for greater comfort.
Beyond these items, the cottage experience is unchanged and remains a fantastic escape to relax and unwind. The hot tubs continue to be available at all our cottages, cleaned as usual after each guest. Please feel encouraged to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.